Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Serious Question

With Derek Jeter slowly making his way back from injury and Eduardo Nunez filling in for him at short. The Yankees are playing exceptional baseball without their captain. The question that had been posed by many around baseball is; are the Yankees playing better because of Jeter's absence or in spite of it? Many sports writers and analysts want to know if the team is better off with Nunez at short.

My serious question is; is everyone on crack? Nunez is batting .250 and despite having better range than Jeter in the field, he has 9 errors on the season so far. Jeter is batting .264 and has just 4 errors. The bottom line is, Eduardo Nunez is a good player and has the talent to be a starter, but he has not carried this team. The lineup is clicking in spite of Jeter's absence, not because of it.

I don't understand why some people get paid to write about baseball and yet I do it for free. Some sports writers have no clue what is going on. Cough SPORTS ILLUSTRATED cough. Oh my, excuse me. I think I'm coming down with a little something.

Jeter is 6 hits shy of the exclusive 3,000 hit mark. Lets not quit on him yet.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment